Housing Minister Heather Wheeler has proposed new five yearly electrical safety checks for private rented properties, with penalties of up to £30,000.
Safety Checked Ltd are experienced at carrying out these checks for social housing. Having seen the results of checks we carry out in both the private and social sectors we say that this can’t come soon enough! Based near to Stanley, County Durham, we are more than happy to discuss your EICR needs.
Electrical installations deteriorate over time and require regular inspection and testing to determine if they are still in a safe condition. Commonly referred to as ‘periodic inspection and testing’, once completed you will be issued with an Electrical Installation Condition Report that will detail:
- Any circuits and equipment that are overloaded
- Potential electric shock and fire hazard
- Defective electrical work
- Highlight any earthing or bonding issues
- Provide a schedule of circuits, which may not have been available or changed since the original installation was carried out
CLICK HERE to find out how Safety Checked can help you meet your electrical inspection and testing requirements in Teeside, County Durham and Tyneside.